KASHMIR ORPHANS RELIEF TRUST (KORT) - SERVING HUMANITY BEYOND BOUNDARIES
Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust is an Azad Kashmir based world-renowned Orphan Relief Organization:
Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust is paving ways for the betterment of humanity, not only on the national level but internationally in different regions effectively.
Under the leadership of Chaudhry Muhammad Akhter (TI),
Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust has served humanity in Education, Disabilities, Women Empowerment, Rehabilitation, Poverty Alleviation, Food Supplies, Shelters, and Homes.
Humanity in Afghanistan
Due to the withdrawal of the International Peace Keeping forces in Afghanistan, the progressive graph of Afghanistan has been disturbed totally. Continuous war and scarcity of resources due to the freezing of the country’s foreign assets have left people at God’s mercy as they struggle to run their daily stoves.
Feeling the pain of humanity in Afghanistan, Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust dispatched 21 trucks carrying 202 tons of humanitarian aid containing rice, sugar, flour, cooking oil, pulses and medicines to Afghanistan on 3rd of November 2021 as part of its efforts to alleviate the humanitarian crisis in the war-torn country.
The consignment was handed over by the Chairman of Chaudhry Mohammed Akhtar (TI) to the IGP of Paktia; Molvi Umer Mukhlis through Kharlachi border with the collaboration of the Pak-Afghan Cooperation Forum (PACF).
Afghan counterparts gratefully accepted the aid and prayed for better relationships with each other in the future.
In the second phase of support for Afghanistan, Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust dispatched winter clothing for 2400 families on the 10th of December 2021 to cope with harsh winter weather conditions.
The Humanitarian aid to Afghanistan was possible because of the Chairman of KORT; Ch. Mohammed Akhtar (TI) who worked tirelessly to raise all the funding. The project was led by the Manager of Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust Pakistan; Mr Sajid Dilawar Khan who under very frenetic circumstances arranged all the logistics, procurement, and liaised between all the concerning authorities to ensure a smooth delivery of the project in a professional way.
For the First Time in History
An Azad Kashmir based organization is leading the way towards poverty alleviation, educational advancement, and the provision of basic health care needs in war-torn Afghanistan. This great achievement is due to the support of the Pakistani and Kashmiri people, and the diaspora community from around the world.
Under the leadership of the Chairman Ch. Mohammad Akhtar (TI) since 2005, Kashmir Orphan Relief Trust is committed to:
- Provide education, good nutrition, and consistent loving care and encouragement to help orphans in need and underprivileged children to perform better at school, be healthier, and become successful self-sustaining individuals.
- Enable communities to mitigate the effect of natural disasters by providing relief, protection, and recovery solutions.
- Focus on sustainable livelihoods for the needy.
- Turning Disability into Ability by providing wheelchairs for disabled people in AJK and Pakistan who cannot afford them.
- Women empowerment programs.
- Rehabilitating people following natural disasters by rebuilding homes.
- Building schools in neglected areas.
- Provide clean and safe drinking water in deprived areas.