Can Go A Long Way
You can donate any amount of Sadaqah to KORT that will be used where needed most for any project or programme which is of benefit to orphans, widows, people with disabilities or poor people.
What is Sadaqah?
Sadaqah is a voluntary charitable act towards another being, whether through generosity, love, compassion, or faith. These acts are not necessarily physical or monetary. Simple good deeds such as a smile, or a helping hand, are acts of Sadaqah.
While Zakat is an obligatory charity due on every Muslim on a yearly basis, Sadaqah is an entirely voluntary charity which can be performed at any time of year, and any amount can be given. Unlike Zakat, which has several stipulations regarding how it can be used, Sadaqah can be used for any project or programme which is of benefit to people.
Sadaqah donations made to KORT are usually spent on the sustainability of the orphan children in our care. However, when we have enough funds to sustain the orphan children in our care, any surplus Sadaqah donations may be used on the following appeals/projects we may have on at the time:
– Providing food and essentials packs to needy families in AJK/Pakistan.
– Providing wheelchairs to needy disabled people in AJK/Pakistan.
– Providing sewing machines to needy women/widows in AJK/Pakistan.
– Providing winter clothing/blankets to needy vulnerable people in AJK/Pakistan.
– Providing homes to needy vulnerable families in need of a home following natural disasters in AJK/Pakistan.